Monday, December 2, 2013

Curry for Two

Sometimes, I remember that summer I spent in India, and my mouth starts watering for curry. And although I think this recipe leans more toward Thai curry, the curry powder still smells like India to me (minus the garbage). However, this curry is great for my husband and I, because let's be honest: he's not that adventurous when it comes to food. This curry is not spicy at all, and because of the coconut milk, it's actually pretty sweet. I love it so much! And, I quote my husband, "It's so dang good."
(Okay fine, I just asked him to say something nice about my curry. He did a good job. I guess I'll keep feeding him.)


Curry
Sized for two


Assemble Ingredients:
1 chicken breast
2 potatoes (we like red potatoes, leave the skin on)
onion (I used half)
1 garlic clove (I did not use that whole garlic bulb, I promise)
1 green pepper (or you could use whatever color of pepper you have on hand)
1 Tbsp. Curry Powder
1 can Coconut Milk
2 Tbsp. Fish Sauce (found in the Asian food section)


Step One: chop onions and garlic . . .


. . . and sauté them in a little oil


{Don't forget to make some rice! (I almost did . . .) I put 1 1/2 cup in my rice cooker}


Step Two: Cut up your chicken . . .


. . . and add it to your pan along with the curry powder and fish sauce


Step Three: once the chicken is cooked, add your can of coconut milk and bring to a boil


Step Four: while the pan is simmering, cut up your potatoes and pepper . . .


{It's boiling!}


. . . and then get those potatoes and that pepper in and let them cook!


Once the potatoes are soft, you're done!


Okay, it's optional to eat it with chopsticks . . . but it's way more fun. Eat your delicious curry over rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment